- Exit steam
- Choose C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe as an app to run in RenderDoc and supply a command arguement -applaunch appid. Also allow “Capture child processes”
- You can get appid in the properties page of the game you want to run in Steam.
Renderdoc with Steam 2021
It’s been a month since I started learning Spanish using Duolingo!
30 days strive (achieving some definite XP every day) complete! 🙂 And I can say that this is a great app for learning Spanish and probably other languages too. It’s basically a set of misc tests prepared beforehand and split into lessons and skills. New words and rules are introduced step by step and it feels comfortable and is very addictive. Some things I noticed to myself:
- mobile and desktop versions
- each lesson (check point) has levels of difficulty so I can advance in this particular topic or get back to it later to recall some words and rules
- Spanish seems to have lots of similiarities with English and Russian. So its pretty easy to learn words since a Spanish word often is alike an English or Russian counterpart (same thing with grammar)
- all sentences and words can be replayed and slowed down and that allows to listen to how they should be pronounced correctly
- there are some additional sections of the site like: forum, stories (small interactive stories to follow and answer questions), dictionary, podcast, etc
Also an important note, if you know 2 or more languages (say English and Russian) and are starting to learn a third one (Spanish in my case), you have options as to what language choose as a source since the prepared tests and courses differ for misc language pairs. So Russian->Spanish course is MUCH smaller on Duolingo than English->Spanish one! And I also like to advance in Spanish->English since it allows me to practive 2 foreign languages at once)))
Great app, totally recommended!
- Duolingo site https://www.duolingo.com/
- My account on Duolingo: https://www.duolingo.com/VoronSpb
Update src to certain commit in git (temporarily revert)
Just a self reminder, if you want to revert temporarily to a previous commit of some src(lib,etc) just type git checkout [commit-hash]
Ported “Christmas stocking” game from Flash to Unity3D ;)
Hello guys, I just finished porting one of my old games (december 2012) “Christmas stocking” from Flash to Unity3d, everything seems to work fine. You can check it out here:
So far, I’m pretty impressed and satisified with Unity3d, although it took some time to get used to its workflow. The idea of components that we attach to nodes is pretty cool, and generally speaking its nice to have a single ide for programmers and game designers. Its like and advanced Flash in that we layout components and levels, gui elements in editor, attach classes, tune animations. And at last its not flash that I use, but a real 3d scene editor with nodes and tree of transforms, and etc))
Well, gotto move on and port\finish some new games
Switching to Unity3d
Already tried creating a mesh manually and animating uv coords on it to implement a kaleidoscope logic, works fine. Had to call RecalcNormals or something like that, for it to receive light properly.
haxedevelop 5.3 crashing on startup
find and delete session data file